In this post, you will learn exactly how I was able to uninstall Valorant completely on my Windows 11. Many gamers find themselves in a similar situation, especially when it comes to uninstalling games they no longer want to play. I once did it because I wanted to take a break from playing games. It was hell, and at the same time, It was a lesson learned.
However, this post will guide you on how you can also uninstall Valorant completely on your PC. It’s easy. Let’s get to it.
READ MORE: Summoners War Tier List PVE
How To Uninstall Valorant Completely On PC?
Here’s my approach: completely uninstall Valorant on my windows.
Step 1: Deactivate Vanguard
Before we can bid farewell to Valorant, we must first deactivate Vanguard, the vigilant guardian of the game.
- Find the Vanguard icon in your Windows system tray, usually located at the bottom right of your screen.
- Right-click on the Vanguard icon.
- From the menu that appears, select “Exit Vanguard.”
This action will politely ask Vanguard to take a break and stop its anti-cheat service on your computer.
Step 2: Remove Riot Vanguard
Now, it’s time to say farewell to Riot Vanguard, the heart of Valorant’s security. Follow these steps:
- Open the Windows Settings app by pressing the Windows key + I on your keyboard.
- Navigate to the “Apps” section.
- In the list of installed apps, locate “Riot Vanguard.”
- Click on it, and you’ll see an “Uninstall” button; go ahead and click it.
Answer any prompts that appear to complete the removal of the Vanguard anti-cheat.
Step 3: Uninstall Valorant Game
With Vanguard out of the way, let’s proceed to uninstall the Valorant game itself:
- Return to the Apps section within the Windows Settings app using the Windows key + I shortcut.
- Now, scroll down and find “Valorant” in the list.
- Once you’ve found it, click “Uninstall.”
This action will commence the removal of Valorant from your Windows 10/11 PC, erasing all traces of the game files.
Step 4: Hunt Down Leftover Files
To ensure Valorant is utterly wiped from your system, we need to hunt down and delete any remaining files:
- Open File Explorer by clicking the folder icon on your taskbar.
- At the top of the File Explorer window, you’ll see an address bar. Click here and paste this location: c:\Riot Games, then press Enter.
- You will find yourself in the Riot Games directory. Look for any folders related to Valorant and delete them.
With this final step, you’ve completed the journey to remove Valorant from your system entirely. Uninstalling Valorant may sound like a difficult task, but with these easy-to-follow and comprehensive steps, you’ll get rid of Valorant and its components easily.
The admin of Natedoom Ken Anucha runs this blog with the help of some seasoned gaming niche editors to keep gaming enthusiasts informed and up to date.